Thursday, October 27, 2011

.Friends vs Boyfriend.

Probs that always popped out when we have to choose between friend and boyfriend. Some might chose the friend and vice versa. For me, ill choose my friend over boyfriend but under some situation, boyfriend over friend. We have to treat both of them equally act. Okayy. Kalau kita nak cerita pasal kawan kita, mesti kat boyfriend and kalau nk cerita pasal boyfriend mest kat kawan kita. So, its all related and let the nature take its course. Dont have to worry and be happy. It is healthier to have both. You don't need to choose. If you have a friend or a boyfriend who expects you to spend all your time with them, then make sure they know that that is unreasonable, and that you need time for yourself, your friends and your partner in order to live a full and happy life. No one person can fulfill all of your needs.

Taken from Seventeen Mag :

I’ve never been good at balancing my relationships with my friendships. I have a horrible tendency to neglect my friends when a new boy comes around. I don’t do it intentionally, but I guess I just get so excited by the new relationship that I end up devoting the majority of my time and attention to the relationship.

During my first year at college, my best friend and I were inseparable; she lived right next door to me and we spent every waking minute together. But that all changed when I met my boyfriend. My best friend and my boyfriend got off on the wrong foot and never really recovered. Gradually, they grew to hate each other, which was so hard on me because I was constantly being put in the middle of their fights. They refused to even be in the same room, so every night, I had to make a decision who to hang out with. More often than not, I ended up choosing my boyfriend. Looking back, I wish that I had tried harder to balance my time between them. I took my friend for granted and just expected her to always be there for me even if I blew her off every now and then.

When I moved in with my boyfriend a year ago, the situation got even worse. Before, I was living right down the hall from my friend, so even if I didn’t go out with her at night, I still saw her a lot during the day. But after I left, we started going weeks or even months without seeing each other. We’d still talk, but we rarely hung out.

Sometimes when I’m watching The Hills, I feel like I am Heidi. It’s definitely not an easy situation when you live with your best friend’s enemy. Right now, my friend and I are working towards rebuilding our relationship and making time for each other (maybe there’s hope for Heidi and Lauren!).

0 comments: